Accountant – Control and Support
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are seeking an Accountant to join a new team based with a client in Leicester city centre.
This is a temporary post offering an initial assignment duration of 3 months but this could be extended.
This role will see the successful candidate support the successful set up of a new team. The ideal candidate will be very technically minded and skilled at carrying out banking reconsiderations.
The successful candidate will be required to provide specialist financial advice and support to senior staff and other customers and contribute to an efficient and effective customer orientated, financial management service for the client.
You will also provide decisive and effective leadership to team(s) in line with the our clients vision that enables all to do their best work resulting in high levels of people and organisational performance.
Job duties include:
- Provide financial and other information/advice to specific timescales.
- Complete and submit statistical information, specialist support and returns as appropriate.
- Complete end of year accounts for respective department.
- Ensure the clients control accounts, suspense accounts, bank and balance sheet reconciliation’s are completed and will assist with resolving issues as identified.
- Ensure the cash income management system processes are completed and maintained.
- Manages the contract with the clients banking provider.
- Ensures the banking administration is kept up to date.
- Ensures the daily cash management is completed.
- Manage and develop approximately 5 employees.
- Supervise activities carried out by trainees and/or work placement students (e.g. issue/oversee/check work and set priorities and provide feedback and training).
- Involve team/s in creating a shared purpose to help them develop and achieve results.
- Give clear direction and provide effective people and performance management by setting objectives, agreeing outcomes, monitoring and measuring outputs and holding individuals and team(s) to account.
The ideal candidate will hold the below:
- Substantial post qualification experience in local authority or a large public sector or other organisation.
- Substantial experience of budgeting, accounting, financial management.
- Experience of managing and developing staff.
- Thorough understanding of finance and accounting practice.
- Skills in leading and managing people and performance.
- Able to clearly interpret and present complex financial information to non-financial staff.
- Membership of a CCAB body – Full accountancy qualification.
Should you be interested in this job role, please submit your CV to Elisabeth Best , firstname.lastname@example.org, for consideration