Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are seeking to recruit a highly experienced Bar Supervisor for a prestigious client based in Leicester.
This is a temporary position offering the right candidate a potential permanent opportunity.
The successful candidate will be accountable to the Bar Manager and you will be responsible for Bars Team and Staff Trainers.
Shift: 5 days out of 7 (including some week ends)
Hours per week: 39 hours
The ideal candidate will have access to their own transport as reaching the work location can be tricky if using public transport.
Job duties include:
- Maintain required Bar Customer Service standards, ensuring there is always bar team presence front of house.
- Take the leading role in the running of the department in the absence of the Bar Manager
- Ensure completion of daily checklists.
- Correct filing of information and minimum standards are achieved – with recommendations made for any areas requiring improvement.
- Handover any issues/information to the Bar Manager – taking responsibility in the Bar Manager’s absence. Report lack of and/or faulty equipment/tools.
- Possess an in depth and thorough knowledge of all menu items and relevant information on our Food Philosophy and special dietary procedures.
- Handle and deal with any customer complaints and resolve situations as efficiently as possible – seeking management advice as necessary and responding promptly to service needs/ problems, following correct procedures.
- Ensure menus and all other signage meet required standards.
Co-ordinate PR event preparation and staffing requirements, liaising with the Bar Manager, Marketing and Head Chef as appropriate.
- Supervise and assist in the correct training of all Bar staff, recognising and corrective coaching team as required, striving to improve methods and techniques of operation. Using the departmental manual as a training tool, keeping training records up to date. Monitoring trainee progress & giving feedback to the Bars Manager.
- Ensure weekly rotas are fully staffed, monitoring in advance any shortages (or excess) of staffing for financial control, liaising with Bars Manager in foreseeing potential problem days.
- Implementing specific staff tasking, including any reasonable tasks deemed within their capabilities.
- Setting the highest personal example, assisting staff with team building, presenting positive staff motivation and positive image to the guest.
- Assisting with staff reviews and appraisals.
- Keep up to date with departmental and company issues, passing on relevant information to team and providing feedback as required.
- Actioning requests promptly and appropriately, following departmental and company procedures.
- Ensure yourself & all Bar team, attend departmental and company meetings, seminars and training sessions as required.
- Wear the correct protective uniform, supplied by our client.
- Follow Health and Safety procedures and the Department Dress Code.
Should you be interested in this job role, please submit your CV to Elisabeth Best for consideration.