Building Control Surveyor (LE1)
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are seeking a qualified and suitably experienced Building Control Surveyor for a client based in central Leicester.
This is a temporary role offering an immediate start.
To ensure that the health, public safety, welfare and convenience of persons in or around buildings and structures which are subject to Building Control procedures is protected.
HNC (Building Construction) or relevant degree (Building Control or Building Surveying).
Fully or partly qualified RICS / ABE.
Minimum experience as a BCS for applicants not having a professional qualification (MRICS / MBEng) is:
2 yrs with accredited Building Control degree
4 yrs with Building Surveying degree
6 yrs with HNC (Building Construction)
Job duties include:
1. The protection of health and safety by the assessment of building work and the requirement of any necessary changes to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations and associated legislation.
2. The provision of adequate fire safety and means of escape in case of fire in buildings and sports grounds.
3. The protection of the public in relation to dangerous structures, demolitions and attendance at sports grounds.
4. To require provision to be made in building work to ensure adequate conservation of fuel and power.
5. To enforce the relevant requirements of the Building Regulations which make provision of access to and facilities in buildings for disabled persons
6. To ensure that the policies of the client relating to equal opportunities are implemented in the carrying out of Building Control procedures.
7. To help ensure that the client’s sustainable development and environmental improvement policies are implemented and practised within the department.
Comprehensive knowledge of building construction.
Good understanding of the Building Regulations with particular emphasis on Fire Safety legislation.
Able to work under pressure, assess priorities and meet deadlines set in the service plan.
An ability to deal tactfully and positively with a wide range of people e.g. builders, architects, colleagues, general public and councillors.
Able to grasp new ideas quickly, with the ability to be flexible and adapt to change to meet the challenge from the private sector.
Familiarity with the use of computers.
Will be required to operate as part of a team, but also able to act on own initiative.
The successful candidate will be required to work approximately 37 hours per week.
Should you be interested in this job role, please submit your CV to Elisabeth Best for consideration