Building Inspector/Control Surveyor
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd. are recruiting for an experienced and professional Building Inspector/Control Surveyor for a client based in Leicester.
This is temporary ongoing opportunity offering a pay rate of £14.72 per hour.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 37h per week.
The successful candidate will ensure that the health, public safety, welfare and convenience of persons in or around buildings and structures which are subject to Building Control procedures is protected.
Summary of job tasks:
- To examine deposited plans to ensure that proposed work satisfies the relevant requirements.
- To carry out site visits to ensure that building work is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Building Act and other relevant legislation.
- To visit sites, make reports and take action in relation to dangerous structures and demolition sites.
- To undertake enforcement procedures in relation to building work not in compliance with legal requirements.
- To examine plans and make visits to sports grounds which are subject to the Sports Grounds Act and to check temporary stands used in connection with sports and entertainments.
- To give advice and architects, engineers and the general public regarding Building Control requirements and to liaise with Fire Service, Severn Trent, Environment Agency, Licensing Magistrates and other internal / external agencies.
- To maintain adequate and relevant records of all sites visited in accordance with stated procedures.
Minimum experience as a BCS for applicants not having a professional qualification (MRICS / MBEng) is:
- 2 yrs with accredited Building Control degree
- 4 yrs with Building Surveying degree
- 6 yrs with HNC (Building Construction)
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact Dagmara Kruczkowska or email your CV, or simply call for a confidential discussion.
As part of our candidate care process, we aim to respond to all applications in 7 days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.