Buyer ( Highway Delivery Team)
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are recruiting for an experienced Buyer for a client based in Croft (LE9).
This is a temporary post offering an initial 3 month assignment duration for the Procurement Team.
Pay rate: £11.39
To provide supply chain management and a compliant procurement service for Highways Delivery. To hire, lease or purchase items of plant and/or materials required for the delivery of revenue and capital programmes of highway works. To manage the stock, distribution and maintenance service history of owned plant items.
What we are looking for:
- Experience as a buyer
- Have experience in working with a Financial System such as Oracle
- Understanding of contracts and procurement rules
- Have worked in a civil engineering sector previously
- Ability to learn quickly and be enthusiastic
The candidate will be flexible and able to support team rota (some early starts 6.45 / 7.00am, some later finishes 4.30 / 5.00).
- To be responsible for maintaining effective partnerships and working relationships with statutory, voluntary, private agencies and communities to promote and meet the Department’s services and objectives
- To ensure that the services are delivered for the benefit of the people of Leicestershire.
- To ensure activities are delivered in the most efficient and effective manner as possible.
- To maintain auditable reports of purchasing activities including “3 quotes” process.
- To carry out all purchasing for Highways Delivery ensuring compliance with the Contract Procedure Rules, EU Procurement rules and Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- To process procurement opportunities via the electronic portal (Due North) as required by contract procurement rules.
- To assist with contract & supplier management of supply contracts.
- To provide support to operational teams by receiving and processing requisitions for goods and services, creating purchase orders in the Oracle e-business suite, and expediting delivery.
- To understand the content and T&C’s of the approved contracts, how they are created, the relationship with the clients, and the process whereby suppliers are selected in order to provide an efficient and compliant purchasing service and to deal professionally with any enquiries relating to contracts, selection process and timescales.
- To arrange plant and material deliveries and/or collections, including on/off hires, and to liaise with internal stores operations to ensure the efficient and effective collection of stock lines and other consumables.
To be the first point of contact for client and operational teams to access services offered by the Procurement team. To act as an ambassador for the team.
- To adhere to agreed workflow arrangements and timescales, prioritising requirements to support operational objectives.
- To advise on the availability of resources using data extracted from the Resource Allocation System.
- To assist with the monitoring and analysis of supplier performance, contributing evaluation of the service offered. To support contract & supplier management of supply contracts. To attend and record regular contract meetings with suppliers.
- To assist the Purchasing and Stores Manager, as directed, to monitor trends and patterns in workflow and performance
- To constantly update personal knowledge of technical and business terminology in order to be of maximum assistance to customers.
- To question processes and methodologies where errors or inefficiencies become apparent, both in own sphere of operation and throughout the unit and section.
- To respond to enquiries and correspondence from internal and external customers, resolving all queries and any complaints in a professional manner.
- To prepare, collate and present general information, documents, projects and management reports using relevant computer packages for consideration by Senior Management, other Departments and other groups as required.
Should you be interested in this job role, please submit your CV to Dagmara Kruczkowska to review.
Please note, only applicants with previous experience of working in a similar environment will be considered for this vacancy.