Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are seeking a Chief Accountant for a client based in Leicester.
This role is offering a potential 9 month temporary assignment duration and is well suited to a highly experienced candidate who is able to oversee various departments and hit the ground running.
The successful candidate will be required to take overall responsibility for managing the budget and accounting cycle, and ensuring the proper processing of the our clients financial records.
Previous experience of working within Public Sector or Local Government sectors is highly advantageous.
The successful candidate will be reporting directly into the Head of Finance
Main Duties/Key Tasks:
- Managing the team responsible for preparing accounts, corporate budget monitoring, systems support and financial controls; comprising an establishment of approximately 9 staff, £0.4m budget, and other resources. This includes managing, developing and appraising own staff, and co-ordinating the work of other finance teams.
- Planning, managing and leading the process by which the clients’ accounts (& key statutory returns) are prepared, including co-ordinating the work of finance teams who are not direct reportees and acting as the lead point of contact for external audit.
- Planning, managing and leading the process by which revenue and capital monitoring and reports are prepared, reported to the Senior Public Figures and members, and presenting to Committee.
- Deputising for the Head of Financial Strategy.
- Supporting the budget strategy
- Delivering training & providing presentations.
- Attending meetings and representing the client with outside bodies.
- Overseeing the administration of banking and BACS payment services
- Providing management support to projects within the finance service, and providing financial advice to corporate projects.
- Acting as finance lead / client for the clients transactional processes including BACS and banking.
Should this role be of interest to you and you wish to review a more detailed job spec, please submit your CV to Elisabeth Best for consideration.