Children’s Support Assistant
Ace Appointments (Midlands) Ltd is currently recruiting for Children’s Support Assistant based in Leicester.
This is temporary ongoing position offering a pay rate of £10.17 per hour.
The successful candidate will assist with the supervision of homeless children and young persons, with a balanced programme of educational and play activities.
NVQ level 3 and experience of supervising children, or young persons, in a professional or voluntary capacity and experience of working in hostel, residential setting is essential.
- Oversees the educational and play activities of children and young persons.
- Contributes to the formulation and implementation of a programme of educational / play activities for children and young persons. Provides information, advice, tuition/play sessions and presentations, as required. Undertakes holiday provisions, visits and special arrangements.
- Maintain a provision of books, toys and play equipment and ensuring that all equipment used by children is clean, safe and age appropriate.
- To Organise and plan food menus for the Corner Club and responsible for ordering supplies and undertakes the preparation, cooking and serving of children’s meals. Ensuring all standards relating to food Hygiene are adhered too.
- Identifies where children may be at-risk and refers to appropriate agency in a correct and timely manner. Informs parents / carers of their, and the Department’s, responsibilities in this area. To report concerns/incidents to management as appropriate.
- Follows administrative arrangements and completes confidential records.
- iaises with hostel management and domestic employees to ensure the Health& Safety of the Corner Club building ,so the environment is safe, clean and secure
- Contributes to case conferences and working groups, as directed.
Assists with the monitoring and development of the service as directed by Family Support Manager and Family Support Workers.
- NNEB, or NVQ 3 in Child Care & Education, or B. TECH. Higher in Nursery Nursing
- Awareness of relevant legislation, including Child Protection
- Understanding of the issues facing service users
Apply online or contact our specialist Dagmara, on 0116 255 5620. All applications are dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Due to the large applicant response to internet advertisements, only successful candidates will be contacted within 7 – 14 days. Thank you in advance for your application.