Ace are currently recruiting for one of the UK’s largest manufacturers and fabricators of precision components and they are looking for experienced candidates to join their rapidly growing business.
To set, operate & programme machines for production.
• To set or programme machines for production within allocated times.
• To operate machines making adjustments to the machine settings as required.
• To ensure that the quality expectations, as per drawing and planning are achieved.
• Ensure that allocated operation times are achieved.
• Fill daily activity sheets.
• To be aware of and observe personal health and safety, and that of fellow members.
• Co-operate with Managers.
Education & Experience:
• Evidence of setting, programming & operating experience milling
• Must be conversant with lathe controls to make routine adjustments.
• Must be competent in reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
• Must be conversant with the use of inspection instruments, to measure diameter, surface texture, roundness, concentricity etc.
• Knowledge of good machine shop practices.
• Evidence of communicational knowledge of the English language, sufficient to comprehend health and safety instructions / training.
• Good overall health and fitness; as expected to handle components weighing 20kgs.
• Tolerance of some contact with metal cutting fluids used in the process (absence of known acute sensitivity, to these fluids).
Personal Protective Equipment:
In order to perform the duties as safely as possible, the candidate will be required to abide by the use of following PPE
• Safety Glasses
• Safety shoes / Boots
• Ear protection, Hand Gloves and Masks if required.
• 37.5 hours per week
• Five day week – Monday to Friday
• Days, Afternoons & Nights Available
• Overtime as required