Direct Team Leader
My client is market leader in the design and manufacture of high end components for a variety of sectors and they are owned and remotely driven by an American corporate ensuring stability, future growth plans and many opportunities to develop and carve a niche within the business for an amazing career.
• Manage your team’s disciplines within the guidelines of the Company’s procedures and policies on your shift.
• Liaising with the other team leaders/Shift leaders ensuring adequate cover is available to backfill absences of holidays and sickness to maintain cell is fully manned.
• Co-ordinate overtime requirements for your cell with the Shift Leader.
• Complete verbal & written shift handover with fellow team leader.
• Ensuring the team is trained to maximise output and demand. Identifying the training needs so the cell is Multi-skilled.
• Help to maintain Health & Safety and Housekeeping of your team within your cell, reporting any issues directly to the Internal Team Leader for further investigation.
• Ensure quality standards within your team are maintained.
• Liaise with the shift-leader on non-conforming parts produced on your shift, identifying through an investigation the root cause. All non-conforming parts paperwork to be completed before end of shift.
• Responsible for prioritising work within your cell to meet daily/weekly demands with the planning team.
• Ensuring production hourly targets by machine in the cell are maintained each hour with a reason log being kept of shortfalls, reporting machine cell performance figures to the shift leader every 3 hours.
• Ensuring that tooling backup is available for all current running jobs and making sure that we have tooling available for the next jobs for each machine in the cell, reporting to the shift leader shortfalls.
• Report all Maintenance cell breakdowns to Internal Team Leader to raise an incident. Follow up with Internal Team Leader if maintenance has not visited within 15 minutes.
• Running machine or process in your area when required.
• Responsible for Tooling, Machine, Product trails and Development.