Engineer – Highway & Transport Services
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd. are recruiting for an experienced and committed Engineer for a local authority client based in Leicester.
This is temporary ongoing opportunity offering a pay rate between £15.00-£40.00 per hour.
The successful candidate will help develop the designs for tranche and produce concept designs. We require 2 qualified civil engineers with experience of highway and traffic engineering, ideally in an urban environment but not essential.
Main Duties/Key Tasks
- Undertakes modelling and design for highway & transport improvement projects.
- Supervises and monitors contracting resources, including record keeping of progress and site issues and resources.
- Undertakes measurement and valuation of works and preparation of cost estimates.
- Supports business case development for new projects and to support bids for funding.
- Undertakes procurement exercises to engage construction contractors and design consultants.
- Undertakes stakeholder engagement including liaison with user groups and business organisations.
- Provides advice on highway engineering or structural engineering in relation to highway infrastructure improvements and maintenance.
- Undertakes asset inspections and asset management function for highway and transport infrastructure assets.
- Experience of designing highway & transport improvement schemes and systems.
- Experience of communicating management, statistical or technical progress and information in presentations, proposals, reports and e-mails/memos.
- Experience of delivering presentations on projects to management., staff, the public, colleagues from a variety of levels and from various cultural backgrounds.
- Experience of using, updating, developing spreadsheet, e-mail, connected technologies, presentations, web, database applications for own/other peoples’ use.
- Experience of working with/using specialist modelling software.
- Experience of supervising contractors undertaking construction works
- Experience of developing and maintaining client relationships
Please forward your CV to Dagmara to review.
We are only able to respond to applicants that meet the above detailed criteria. Should you fail to receive a response from ourselves within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.