Estimator – Sheet Metal Manufacturer
My client is a UK based sheet metal company that has been going strong for over 25 years. Due to an increase in the demand for British manufactured products they are looking to increase their teams numbers and are currently looking for an autonomous estimator to bring added to value to the business.
You will have a proven ‘time-served’ history within the sheet metal industry and be able to estimate the value of projects being tendered as part of business development.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
· An experienced estimator able to read technical CAD drawings, to be able to work from samples, visuals and pictures and scrutinise tender documents
· Knowledge to be able to up-sell if the job allows
· To follow quotes through from initial enquiry to delivery, being responsible for all areas therein
· Account Management of existing clients to ensure a good relationship is maintained
· Maintenance of positive and strong working relationships with other team members and Managing Director
· Processing orders from quotations giving a good level of customer service
· Liaising with various departments both in house and externally i.e., suppliers, managers etc.
· Working with Managers to implement the company’s policies and goals
· Strong negotiation skills to be able to provide quotes with confidence
· Dealing with any problems that arise from quotations submitted
· Consulting with a number of other staff such as managers, buyers, quality controllers, technicians and suppliers
· Writing reports, keeping records and dealing with budgets and cost control
· The ability to liaise confidently with suppliers to negotiate best price for materials and outsourcing of labour as necessary
· Must be fully computer literate with experience of using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
· Knowledge of metal fabrication essential
· The nature of the work may involve carrying out work outside of normal working hours.
· To undertake the job in accordance with relevant legislative requirements, including health and safety
· To undertake training as required
· To work in accordance with our Code of Practice
To Apply please send an up to date CV and contact us on 0116 2555620
To submit your application please click on the Apply for Job link below.
While we endeavour to get back to every applicant, it isn’t always possible. So, if you haven’t heard from us within 5 working days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Ace Appointments is an equal opportunities employer and acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.