Experienced Saw Operator – Nights
My client is one of the UKs largest suppliers of machines and fabricated components and are looking to rapidly expand their teams over all sites.
They are looking for an experienced saw operator / setter to work on a night shift only.
Job Purpose / Summary:
Saw steel billets to length
• Identify material is correct specification to planning
• Crane material to Saws
• Set Saws to achieve quantity and length
• Check first off parts are correct length per planning.
• Ensure sufficient quality checks are being done
• Ensure correct quantities are produce.
• Fill in activity sheets
Overhead Crane licence is required, however training will be offered.
At the management’s discretion, the following training may be offered:
• Jib crane
• Hand truck
• Manual handling
Personal Protective Equipment:
In order to perform the duties as safely as possible, the candidate will be required to abide by the use of the following PPE:
• Anti-Cut Gloves
• Safety glasses
• Safety shoes / Boots
• Ear protection / hand gloves and masks if required
• 37.5 hours per week
• Five day week – Monday to Friday
• Overtime as required
1. This job description is a broad reflection of the current duties. It is not necessarily exhaustive and changes will be made at the discretion of the manager in conjunction with the post holder.
2. Time scales for achievement and standards of performance relating to the duties and responsibilities identified in this job description will be agreed via the annual appraisal process with the post holder.
3. As an employee, the post holder may have access to confidential information. Under no circumstances should this be disclosed to an unauthorised person within or outside the Company. The post holder must ensure compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
4. As an employee, the post holder will be required to adhere to all Company policies including Equal Opportunities where all employees are expected to accept individual responsibility for the practical implications of these policies.
5. The post holder is expected to take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others that may be affected by what they do while at work.
Experience & Training:
– Good English speaking, reading & writing skills required in order to receive information, instruction, training and supervision to do the job safely.
– Good numeracy skills
– Ability to use height gauge and micrometre measuring equipment
– Knowledge of material specification.
– Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, particularly induction hardening
Please contact 0116 2555620
To submit your application please click on the Apply for Job link below.
While we endeavour to get back to every applicant, it isn’t always possible. So, if you haven’t heard from us within 5 working days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Ace Appointments is an equal opportunities employer and acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.