Head of Finance
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are recruiting, on behalf of a client, for an experienced and qualified Head of Finance to join a small but high performing team based in Leicestershire (LE12).
Accountability: Ultimate accountability through the General Secretary to the Executive Committee of the organisation
Line manager: The General Secretary of the organisation
Job Location: Leicestershire, LE12
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
The ideal candidate will have gained previous experience of managing a Finance Team, hold relevant qualifications / degree in either business or accountancy and possess detailed knowledge of SAGE 50 – computer accounts package.
Principle Duties and responsibilities
1. To organise the financial affairs of the organisation in accordance with legislation and the policies and requirements.
2. To organise financial affairs of the subsidiaries in accordance with legislation and the policies and requirements of the Trustees.
3. To organise the financial affairs of the organisations Pension Scheme in accordance with legislation and the policies and requirements.
5. To manage financial and clerical and administrative staff in all respects.
7. To provide reports as required to the General Secretary, Trustees and Pension scheme Trustees and management on a regular schedule as agreed.
9. To produce management accounts comparing expenditure with budgets set and other financial information as required according to a regularly agreed schedule.
10. To manage the pensions and wages payroll.
11. To ensure a robust system of controls and systems throughout all financial operations and full probity and legal compliance throughout.
12T. To advise and alert the General Secretary on matters relating to the efficiency and legal compliance of administrative and financial matters.
13. To liaise and negotiate where required with outside companies, partners and providers.
14. To act as a cheque signatory within the agreed limits of authorisation.
Reporting and accountability
1. To attend supervision meetings as required with the General Secretary.
3. To attend Officers’ meetings and Staff Meetings as required.
4. To report on any particular aspect of work as required by the General Secretary and undertake other such duties as from time to time may be required consistent with the role and grade of the post in order to support the organisation and its subsidiaries.
Please submit your CV to Elisabeth Best to review and should we feel you hold the desired experienced required by our client, we will be in touch.
Applicants who have not received any response from ourselves within 10 working days should presume their application has been unsuccessful.