HGV Driver – Waste Materials
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd. are recruiting for an experienced and committed HGV Driver for a local authority client based in Loughborough.
This is temporary ongoing opportunity offering a pay rate of £10.34 per hour.
Working Hours: 7.00am-4.00pm with 45 minute lunch.
The nature of the work will involve the jobholder carrying out work outside of normal working hours, including bank holidays, weekends and out of hours working.
The successful candidate will transport waste materials from Recycling Site and Household Waste Sites to disposal locations, using Hook Loader HGVs.
- To complete all uplifts and other jobs on any given day, and to do so in the most efficient and effective manner
- Comply with all systems, procedures or directions given by the Transport
- Supervisor or the Fleet Manager
- Ensure due care for assets (including vehicles, compactors, bins and site infrastructure) when carrying out the service, minimising any incidents, accidents, damage or costs
- Conduct daily vehicle checks in line with policy and legislation, and sign the driver handbook
- Report all defects at the end of the day if considered serviceable, liaising with the supervisor if unsure. Major defects to be reported immediately
- Complete daily sheets and submit daily, ensuring that all tickets are stapled to the worksheet concerned
- Ensure Tacho’s are signed for and returned monthly (or driver books)
Clean up any spillages caused by your actions in the course of carrying out the service
- Vehicles to have enough fuel for the next working day
- Vehicles to be kept clean (inside and out) and presentable at all times
- Wear uniform at all times and when needed wear PPE to carry out duties in a safe manner in line with Health and Safety
- Be courteous to customers at all times
- Highlight any service problems you may be having to your supervisor
Please forward your CV to Dagmara to review.
We are only able to respond to applicants that meet the above detailed criteria. Should you fail to receive a response from ourselves within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.