Highways Site Agent
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are recruiting, on behalf of a client, for an experienced Streetmason Improver.
This is a temporary ongoing position offering a pay rate of £11.26 per hour.
The ideal candidate will assist with the construction, maintenance, and repair of the highway infrastructure – roads, footpaths and drainage features, lay paving materials and tarmac. Ideally have Digger/dumper, CSCS and Driving license but not essential.
- Ability to lay paving products e.g. slabs, kerbs, blocks, concrete paving and natural stone to a defined standard.
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications.
- Able to undertake ‘Banksman’ duties, supervising excavator and vehicles, following safe digging techniques.
- Numeracy skills sufficient to understand measurements and calculate quantities e.g. areas, volumes, weights.
- Knowledge of construction specifications, materials, compaction and workmanship requirements in different disciplines.
- Knowledge of construction health, safety and environmental requirements and safe working procedures. Able to recognise hazards and dangerous situations and take preventative measures.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to deal effectively with customers / work colleagues.
Should you be interested in this job role, please submit your CV to Georgina Rushin to review.