Leaving Care Advisor
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are seeking a Leaving Care Advisor for a client based in central Leicester.
Assignment duration: Temporary
A full UK driving licence and access to own transport is essential. This role will require the successful candidate to undertake home visits.
The successful candidate will hold:
• Relevant employment experience involving providing services directly to children and/or families.
• Knowledge of and ability to understand and work within legislative and procedural requirements. e.g. Leaving Care Act 2000 and Children Act 1989.
• NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care, Level 2/3 in Youth Work, recognised qualification in Child Care, OR able to demonstrate equivalent level of relevant experience.
Summary of job requirements:
An opportunity has arisen to join a busy diverse team working directly with and supporting Leicester’s care leavers. You will work as part of the 16+ Team to provide support to young people in care and care leavers, to ensure a positive transition to adulthood and independence. The team’s priorities are to ensure that young people are living in suitable accommodation, have opportunities to engage in education, employment or training, and can contribute positively within their local communities.
Leicester itself benefits from having a diverse population which provides the opportunity to work with people from a variety of backgrounds. You will understand the many challenges faced by this group of young people, be able to develop effective working relationships with them and advocate on their behalf. You must possess good organisational skills, able to work within relevant legislation guiding the work with Care Leavers and able to undertake multi-agency and partnership working.
The post holder will undertake:
• A case-load of eligible, relevant and former relevant young people, and to provide appropriate advice, support and advocacy to meet assessed needs
• Contribute to assessments and preparation of Pathway plans and to carry out identified tasks within the child’s plan ensuring service provision is appropriate and sensitive to the cultural needs of young people and their families, as agreed with Team Manager or allocated Social worker.
• Arrange and co-ordinates the provision of services to Looked After Children and care leavers to meet assessed needs in partnership with the allocated Social worker and young person.
• Maintain appropriate liaison with young people, Social Workers and involved agencies in order to monitor progress and well-being, retains focus of work and agrees future involvement of different agencies.
• Take part in Team Duty Cover Rota but with support from qualified colleagues as deemed appropriate by Team Manager.
Should you be interested in this job role, please submit your CV to Elisabeth Best, firstname.lastname@example.org, for consideration.