Manufacturing Health, Safety and Environmental Officer
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are recruiting, on behalf of a client, for an experienced Health and, Safety and Environment Officer to work for a client based in Leicester.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the UK’s most dynamic recycling companies based in Leicester.
This is perm opportunity offering a competitive salary!
Working Hours: Monday – Friday (8.30am-17.00pm).
The successful candidate will have proven health, safety and environmental management experience ideally within a waste/recycling, manufacturing or FMCG environment.
- Reporting to the Compliance Manager and working in conjunction with the Management Team to continuously develop the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental provision at our Materials Recycling Facility (MRF);
- Being the primary point of contact for all health, safety and environmental issues at the site;
- Conducting investigations, recording and reporting of all accidents and near miss incidents;
- Completing a daily site inspection and distributing a written report to company Managers and Directors;
- Undertaking extensive internal and external audit preparation (to include the review, revision and creation of ISO Management System documentation) and attendance at audits;
- Co-ordination of Health, Safety and Environmental Committee Meetings and the completion of minutes;
- Formulating and delivering internal training courses (such as manual handling and fire warden training);
- Maintenance of Departmental Training Matrices;
- Completion of relevant supplier tenders/assessment questionnaires;
- Undertaking confidential minute taking as required by the Compliance Manager;
- Deputising for the Compliance Manager as required/occasionally visiting the company’s Head Office.
- NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice or NEBOSH General Certificate;
- IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management;
- Strong communication skills to effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders;
- Confidence to lead by example and challenge unsafe behaviours or practices;
- Competent user of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
Should you be interested in applying for this job role, please submit your CV to Dagmara Kruczkowska to review.
Please note, we are only able to contact applicants whose previous work history and skill set match those desired by our client.