Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are seeking an experienced Mechanic for a client based in Croft, Leicester.
This is a temporary post offering an immediate start.
Working hours: 07:00am – 15:00pm (37 hours per week)
Responsible to: Workshop Manager
The service and repair of vehicles and plant equipment in a safe, efficient and economic manner employing such skills and knowledge as may be required with due regard to current legislation.
· City & Guilds Technician
· MOT Tester’s Certificate
· Working in a fleet workshop or garage
· Problem solving and analysing information
· Proactive planning and organisation
· Microsoft Office software suite
· Working using own initiative
· All aspects of heavy, light and passenger carrying vehicle repair and maintenance
· Construction plant repairs
Main Duties include:
1. Carrying out the full range of technical checks and diagnostic tests required for light and heavy goods, and passenger transport vehicles.
2. To observe, recognise and report on mechanical and electrical vehicle, component, or systems defects, or impending failure, assessing, recording and/or costing the repair (as appropriate).
3. To carry out routine inspections, service and MOT of all vehicles and selected plant in the fleet according to the schedules issued by the Workshop Manager, and in accordance with prescribed quality standards, utilising specialist services as required.
4. To examine vehicles, reporting verbally or in writing, (as dictated by the Workshop Manager) upon the condition, roadworthiness and safety.
5. To carry out both mechanical and electrical repairs and/or adjustments as required, under the instruction of the workshop manager to the prescribed quality standards.
6. To interpret and implement technical service instruction data, and manufacturers’ modifications
7. To maintain a personal tool kit, special tools and equipment in a good, safe, secure condition.
8. To requisition replacement parts/materials from stores in accordance with processes dictated by the Logistics Manager
9. To keep accurate time sheets, work sheets, stores issue notes, accident occurrence forms etc in accordance with policy and procedure.
Should you be interested in this job role, please submit your CV to Elisabeth Best at Ace Appointments for consideration.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: Up to £27,000.00 per year