Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd. are recruiting for an experienced and committed Mechanic for a local authority client based in Leicester.
This is temporary ongoing opportunity offering a pay rate between £12.89 – £14.03 per hour.
The successful candidate will maintain fleet of vehicles, plant and equipment to include inspection, servicing, test preparation, fault diagnosis and repair.
– Carries out vehicle / plant / equipment inspection, servicing, test preparation, fault diagnostics, maintenance and repair
– Completes all written or computerised vehicle and job sheet records on completion of work.This is to include a description of work carried out, parts used and the time taken to complete the work.
– Interprets information received from drivers and users of plant and equipment, gives advice on actions to be taken and provides feedback on the work completed
– Miscellaneous tasks associated with the role.
Responsibilities & Objectives:
– Removes all waste and redundant parts for disposal or recycling, minimises disruption, mess and dirt[IJ1] when working to support the maintenance of a safe workshop working environment.
– Manages own workload to meet customer service standards, including, but not exclusively, repair priorities
– Works as part of a team to provide a high quality and efficient vehicle maintenance service to all customers
– Undertakes all works in accordance with the council’s agreed health & safety policies and procedures and current building and industry regulations
– Follows, implements and promotes the council’s policies and procedures relating to all areas of employment and service delivery
– Able to recognise and deal with discrimination in its many forms and willing to actively put the council’s equality policies into practice
– Ensures all work is carried out in the most efficient and effective manner e.g. by utilising new technology and equipment
– Continues to keep up to date with vehicle maintenance developments, developing skills and sharing knowledge with others
– Experience of working in a large diverse transport maintenance facility
– Experience of servicing vehicles, plant and equipment to include fault diagnostics, repair and maintenance
– Level 3 qualification in light/heavy vehicle or plant engineering (City & Guilds Part II, BTEC National, ONC/D or similar)
– Certificate in welding competence
– Literacy and numeracy skills sufficient to perform the job tasks
– Full current driving licence
– Ability to drive all vehicle and plant types up to 32T GVM (Class C LGV licence)
– Knowledgeable in the use of the appropriate trade tools and methods and how to apply these in a safe way
Please forward your CV to Dagmara to review.
We are only able to respond to applicants that meet the above detailed criteria. Should you fail to receive a response from ourselves within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful