Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are seeking reliable and hardworking Mechanic for a client based in Croft.
This is a temporary position offering ongoing work to the candidate displaying the right attributes and commitment to the job role.
The nature of the work may involve the post-holder carrying out work outside of normal working hours.
The successful candidate will service and repair of vehicles and plant in a safe, efficient and economic manner employing such skills and knowledge as may be required with due regard to current legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To drive and manoeuvre motor vehicles and plant as necessary, recovering defective or damaged vehicles, carrying out the full range of technical checks and diagnostic tests required for light and heavy goods, and passenger transport vehicles.
- To observe, recognise and report on mechanical and electrical vehicle, component, or systems defects, or impending failure, assessing, recording and/or costing the repair (as appropriate).
- To carry out routine inspections, service and MOT of all vehicles and selected plant in the fleet according to the schedules issued by the Workshop Manager, and in accordance with prescribed quality standards, utilising specialist services as required.
- To examine vehicles, reporting verbally or in writing, (as dictated by the Workshop Manager) upon the condition, roadworthiness and safety.
To carry out both mechanical and electrical repairs and/or adjustments as required, under the instruction of the workshop manager to the prescribed quality standards.
- Working in a fleet workshop or garage
- Problem solving and analysing information
- Proactive planning and organisation
- Microsoft Office software suite
- Working using own initiative
- All aspects of heavy, light and passenger carrying vehicle repair and maintenance
- Construction plant repairs
Should you be interested in this job role, please submit your CV to Dagmara Kruczkowska at Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd for review.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to consider candidates with the most relevant work history, desired by our client.
Please be aware, your details will be held by our agency for a minimum period of 12 months from date of receipt and we will consider you for future job opportunities that arise that we feel may be of interest to yourself.
Established in 1974, Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd is today the oldest recruitment agency based in Leicester city centre.