Personal Adviser – Education and Children’s Services
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd. are recruiting for an experienced and committed Personal Adviser for a local authority client based in Leicester.
This is temporary ongoing opportunity offering a pay rate of £11.63 per h.
The successful candidate will work as part of a Team providing support to young people in care and care leavers to ensure a positive transition to adulthood and independence. The Team’s priorities are to ensure that young people are living in suitable accommodation, have opportunities to engage in education, employment or training, and are able to contribute positively within their local communities.
Summary of job tasks:
- Carries a case-load of eligible, relevant and former relevant young people, and to provide appropriate advice, support and advocacy to meet assessed needs
- Contributes to assessments and preparation of Pathway plans and to carry out identified tasks within the child’s plan ensuring service provision is appropriate and sensitive to the cultural needs of young people and their families.as agreed with Team Manager or allocated Social worker.
- Progresses interventions with young people and their families according to methods and time-scales agreed with Team Manager, including reviewing cases with Team Manager, IRO and Social worker and agree appropriate changes.
- Arranges and co-ordinates the provision of services to Looked After Children and care leavers to meet assessed needs in partnership with the allocated Social worker and young person.
- Maintains appropriate liaison with young people, Social Workers and involved agencies in order to monitor progress and well-being, retains focus of work and agrees future involvement of different agencies.
- Carries out Access to Records requests.
Utilises supervision sessions with the Team Manager to ensure that work remains focused and effective and provides assistance to social workers in the team where identified as appropriate by the Team Manager.
Keeps written and electronic records on work undertaken and maintain case-files as required.
- To take part in Team Duty Cover Rota but with support from qualified colleagues as deemed appropriate by Team Manager.
- Full driving licences and access to a car
- Literacy and numeracy and oral skills sufficient to perform the job tasks.
- Relevant employment experience involving providing services directly to children and/or families
Please forward your CV to Dagmara to review.
We are only able to respond to applicants that meet the above detailed criteria. Should you fail to receive a response from ourselves within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.