Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are seeking an experienced Procurement Manager for a client based in Leicester.
This is a temporary post offering a long term assignment duration within a Local Government organisation.
Previous experience of working within this sector is highly advantageous.
Overall Purpose of Role:
To procure high value/risk goods, works and/or services to enable service delivery to the clients customers and to achieve the clients strategic procurement objectives
Key Job Activities:
- Manages and undertakes more complex high value/risk procurement projects including liaising with service departments (internal clients), considering procurement strategies/approaches, planning the procurement process, preparing documentation (including evaluation schemes), advertising the contract, market engagement and stimulation, evaluating submissions, conducting negotiations and clarifications, drafting correspondence, debriefing unsuccessful bidders, agreeing contract documentation and preparing evaluations reports.
- Provides expert advice and directly manages tender contracts for clients, from client liaison to the preparing of documentation, proposing and developing evaluation schemes, conducting negotiations and post tender clarifications, drafting acceptance letters, final documentation, debriefing unsuccessful bidders, and preparing reports upon completion.
- Manages negotiations with preferred suppliers, working with users and technical and legal specialists to draft contracts and technical schedules developing acceptance procedures and criteria.
- Advises and liaises with officers in the determination of service delivery considerations together with procurement strategy, packaging and plans & provides procurement process advice accordingly.
- Assists with the organisation, development, programming and monitoring of tasks and plans for future implementation within the team and with the development, implementation.
- Monitors, produces analysis and reports on individual contracts and suppliers proposing and justifying changes to current arrangements.
- Significant experience and knowledge of procurement, tendering and contract management processes, including complex, high risk and value projects.
- Confident and enthusiastic ICT user – significant experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail and internet to a good level.
- Knowledge of contract law.
- Knowledge/experience relevant to the specific category specialism, e.g. works, Goods and Services
- Good knowledge of EU/UK procurement law and an understanding of the principles of local government Contract and Financial Procedure Rules or Standing Orders and a general understanding of local government environment and structures and the local government efficiency agenda.
Certificates / Registrations / Statutory Qualifications or Statuses
- NVQ Level 4 (or equivalent level qualification) in Business Administration, Procurement or similar subject or significant demonstrable experience in the aforementioned subjects.
- CIPS Foundation Level (or working towards) or equivalent procurement experience.
- PRINCE2 or similar project management qualification or equivalent experience.
Should you be interested in this job role, please submit your CV to Elisabeth Best , firstname.lastname@example.org, for consideration.