Production Controller – Sheet Metal
My client is a fast paced Sheet Metal Manufacturing company that is rapidly expanding so are looking for an experienced, time served, production controller to ensure the smooth and economic running of the production side of the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in the production activity control to meet business and financial objectives whilst maintaining an up to date day to day schedule.
· Work with Managers to plan and manage production tasks to improve runtime
· Review production plans to identify and report potential risks to Managing Director
· Develop inventory control techniques to avoid shortages and excesses
· Assist in processing customer orders and shipments according to the established schedule
· Assist Managers in controlling production costs while maintaining the quality standards
· Review job orders and accordingly establish priorities and schedules
· Monitor execution of job orders and adjust schedules for timely delivery
· Maintain up to date knowledge on company objectives, production strategies and support activities
· Plan and monitor material movement in production cycles to ensure continuous operations
· Plan equipment, material and manpower needs for job orders
· Coordinate with Managing Director in resolving production planning and control issues
· Work with Managing Director to prepare job order documents and give timely approvals
· Work with cross-functional teams to complete job orders on time and within customer specifications
· Communicate production updates to Managers, Managing Director and customers on a regular basis
· The nature of the work may involve carrying out work outside of normal working hours.
· To undertake the job in accordance with relevant legislative requirements, including health and safety
· To undertake training as required
· To work in accordance with the Manufacturing’s Code of Practice
To Apply please send an up to date CV and contact us on 0116 2555620
To submit your application please click on the Apply for Job link below.
While we endeavour to get back to every applicant, it isn’t always possible. So, if you haven’t heard from us within 5 working days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Ace Appointments is an equal opportunities employer and acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.