Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd. are seeking an experienced and highly proficient Production Manager for a client based in Leicestershire.
This is a permanent post.
The successful candidate will be reporting directly into the Managing Director.
Previous experience within the construction and joinery is advantageous but not essential.
This role is open to an individual with strong leadership skills required to take on day the day-to-day management of a production team of bench joiners, sprayers and machine operatives. The role is well suited to an experienced manufacturing and production professional with at least 2 years’ experience within a manufacturing facility.
The successful candidate will be required to role model safety standards in our clients factory / workshop and ensure team members are doing so too.
The role is available for an immediate start.
The core working hours are: 07:30am – 16:00pm Monday – Friday. You should expect to work at least 40 – 45 hours most weeks as working hours can be affect by product demand and are subject to change during busy periods.
- Ensure the daily and weekly work schedule is visible and fixed.
- Set daily performance targets and manage performance against targets
Ensuring all drawings, programmes and materials are available when needed.
- Lead daily production and ensure work is completed within budget.
- Facilitate learning and continuous improvement of productivity and quality amongst the factory / warehouse team.
- Health and Safety compliance and improvement within the factory.
- Quality control.
- Responsible for motivating the team towards better productivity and sustaining positive team morale.
- Working with other members of the management team to win new work and deliver projects successful to clients.
- Checking and maintaining equipment including general servicing and making any recommendations as required.
The ideal candidate will bring to the role the following:
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- A strong personality who is driven to motivate others.
- Ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet deadlines.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Have an excellent rate of attendance.
Should you be interested in this job role, please submit your CV to Elisabeth Best for review.