Refugee Support Worker (Arabic speaking )
Ace Appointments (Midlands) Ltd is currently recruiting for Refugee Support Worker (Arabic speaking ) based in Leicester.
This is temporary ongoing position offering a pay rate of £14.19 per hour.
Working hours: 08.30am – 17.00pm.
We are looking for person who ideally is able to demonstrate that are able to work with minimum supervision who is a good team player. Must have ICT skills. The person needs to have an understanding and experience of working with vulnerable groups. A good understanding of confidentiality and honest is an essential. Period of work could be extended if suitable candidate is found. Periodic out of office hours working is required (approximately 4 times each year).
The successful candidates will provide high quality housing related support services to Arabic refugees to enable them to settle into the Leicester by providing an intensive package of support to empower them to live independently.
Main Duties/Key Tasks
– Identifying the needs and abilities of service users in order to obtain and maintain independent living. This will include visiting, interviewing and undertaking needs assessments and referrals to other support services where necessary.
– Providing planned housing related support service to those moving into or sustaining independent accommodation.
– Developing and negotiating support plans with service users to empower them to live self-sufficiently in the UK.
– Working with statutory and voluntary agencies relevant to service users to develop a resettlement and support package, involving multi-agency solutions to resolve complex needs.
– Maintaining a caseload, providing reports and monitoring statistics, to ensure effective performance.
– Facilitating access to advice, care, support and treatment agencies to enable service users to access the full range of statutory and voluntary agencies to assist them to sustain their housing and to live independently.
– Supporting service users to identify existing, community-based support network and developing new networks of support that will assist with their resettlement and integration into the community.
– Assisting in providing training and advice to colleagues and service users.
– Identifying and undertaking case, risk and risk reduction assessments.
– Undertaking any other duties relevant to the post.
Apply online or contact our specialist Dagmara, on 0116 255 5620. All applications are dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Due to the large applicant response to internet advertisements, only successful candidates will be contacted within 7 – 14 days. Thank you in advance for your application.