Residential Child Care Worker
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd. are recruiting for an experienced and committed Residential Child Care Worker for a client based in Nottinghamshire (NG25),
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in working with children aged between aged 5 – 19 years severe learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
This is a temporary but ongoing and long term job role.
The successful candidate will be required to slot into a flexible rota (including week end work).
Shift Pattern: 07:00am – 15:00pm and 14:00- 22:00pm (same shifts for week ends)
Start Date: April 2019
The successful candidate will be responsible for getting to know the children and helping them to feel secure and safe. You will be responsible for providing ongoing care and support to the children in order to help build their confidence and teach them coping and life skills. The role will also involve liaising with health and education personnel in order to ensure that the children get proper access to other services they are entitled too.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Physical/Emotional/Social Needs of Young People
- Assist in the development of new techniques and approaches to child care provisions
- Encourage development of individual interests and attitudes
- To promote, safeguard and protect the welfare of each young person
- Establish and maintain positive and trusting relationships with the young people that will promote their sense of security
- Provide firm, consistent and fair boundaries in respect of their behaviour and employ appropriate and agreed sanctions
- Ensure that appropriate medical help is provided in cases of illness and accidents.
- Promote the development of a healthy lifestyle for Young People
Assist Young People in the development and sustaining of positive social networks with adults and other peer groups
- The successful candidate will have sufficient experience in a similar job role and relevant qualification relating to Child Care and Development.
Should you be interested in applying for this job role, please note that an Enhanced DBS check will be carried out prior to consideration and a minimum of 10 years references (work related or education based) will have to be obtained.
Please forward your CV to Elisabeth Best to review
We are only able to respond to applicants that meet the above detailed criteria. Should you fail to receive a response from ourselves within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.