Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are recruiting, on behalf of a client, for an experienced Back Stage Door Keeper, Security Officer in Leicester City Centre (LE1).
Pay rate: £8.00 – £10.00 per hour
Full time 37 hours – Varied shifts including evenings weekends and night times.
Temporary – (on-going)
CCTV and SIA licence is essential for this position.
Overall Purpose of this Post:
- To contribute to the effective workings of the Operations team through stage door reception services and undertake security and safety duties.
Major Objectives: These will include, as appropriate, those that reflect key corporate priorities, for example, Cultural Diversity, Social Justice, Environmental Quality and Economic Prosperity.
- To deliver a professional reception service, ensuring a welcoming atmosphere to all users of the establishment including artists, visiting companies, staff, contractors, and public.
- To satisfy all necessary security provisions and safety procedures for establishment and associated grounds.
- To anticipate and meet the needs of visiting companies, touring productions, artists and crew, and having a commitment to carry out these duties in the best interest of the building.
- To implement and promote policies and procedures relating to all areas of employment and service delivery.
Summary of job tasks:
The tasks listed are, generally, only those taking at least 10% of the postholder’s time.
- Delivers a warm and welcoming presence at Stage Door and maintains the security of the building by ensuring that all visitors are signed in and are either met by a member of staff or are directed to their place of work / dressing room.
- Responsible for opening up and locking up the premises as required, undertaking morning safety checks and ensuring the removal of security devices and clear access of emergency exit routes and perform final checks at the end of the day, ensuring all windows and doors are secured, the intruder alarm system is correctly set and any faults rectified and reported.
- Is the designated Fire Warden when on shift, coordinating the initial response to an alarm activation and subsequent evacuation of the building in an emergency, this includes a comprehensive knowledge of the Fire Panel Alarm system and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Receives all incoming telephone calls via Stage Door and to ensures an efficient and professional manner when dealing with venue, performance and event enquiries, as well as accurately forwarding messages and delivering effective call-handling support for colleagues and visiting companies.
- Responsible for the control of admittance to backstage via the Stage Door and the rear security of the building and car park including monitoring the CCTV cameras, reporting any problems or concerns to the management and ensure that any alarms are responded to within the venue immediately.
- Works with the Technical team and Operations Manager on issues that may arise regarding operating hours, fit-ups, get-outs, cleaning, waste management and car parking, as well as assist in the coordination for general maintenance of plant and building, arranging call-outs where required.
- Maintains and complies with the venue’s Health & Safety policy, maintaining the safest possible environment for colleagues, visiting companies, and customers.
- Undertakes the effective administration required for the smooth running of Stage Door to include but not limited to; ensuring signing in/out procedures are maintained, ensures all post, parcels and deliveries are directed to the correct department and visiting company, contractor attendance records are accurate and maintain lost property storage and log.
- Carries out any other duties which may reasonably be required by the Front of House Manager.
Should you be interested in this job role, please submit your CV to Georgina Rushin to review.