Senior Finance Officer
Ace Appointments (Midlands) Ltd Permanent division is currently recruiting for Senior Finance Officer for a client based in Loughborough.
This is a permanent opportunity with competitive salary.
We are looking for a well organised Senior Finance Officer who will working closely with the Head of Finance and General Secretary. The successful candidate will make a significant contribution to the success of the organisation by carrying out financial and other administrative duties, providing leadership, a high level of customer care and quality service, an accurate and efficient output of work to help to develop our functions and meet the demands of the role, assisting in all aspects of the work of the Finance Team to contribute to their success.
You must also be competent in the use of IT systems including Sage Line 50, possess good administration skills and have the ability to work to conflicting deadlines.
Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Or Qualified Accounting Technician (AAT, CAT)
- Preparation of statutory and management accounts
- Preparation of budgets
- Preparation of VAT returns, tax returns, annual returns
- Use of accounting and IT software such as SAGE/ACT/ MS Office
- Knowledge of BACS/ online payment system and credit cards collection processes
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Very efficient, ability to meet tight deadlines
- The main responsibility is to produce accurate and timely multiple management accounts for the Finance Department.
- The preparation of VAT returns, tax returns, annual returns, year-end documentation, P11d, P60s, financial reports, P&L accounts and other relevant documentation, submissions and filing, management accounts and year end accounts as per statutory regulations.
- Ensuring accurate data entry and statistical reporting in a timely manner. Meeting the needs and requirements per each organisation, supervising and training accounts assistances, liaising with service users and clients and to assist the Head of Finance in general financial matters as required.
- To provide a high-quality service to individual organisations and to contribute to the long-term development of the finance function.
- Ensuring a consistently high level of customer care is provided to all clients who use the accountancy services.
- Working as the main contact and liaison officer between the clients and the organisation, to provide an effective and efficient output of work to meet the demands made of the role.
- The Senior Finance Officer is required to assist in all aspects of the work undertaken by the Finance Department as directed by the Head of Finance.
- Preparing financial reports P&L accounts, balance sheet and management accounts for number of organisations with KPIs, commentaries, statistic reports and statements to meet all deadlines. Interpreting the results, and providing written reports of data analyses.
- Preparing VAT returns, tax returns, annual returns, tax-year documentation and reconciliation. Submission and filing to HMRC, Companies House, Charity Commission and relevant authority.
- Preparing year end statutory accounts, reconciling all profit and Loss and balance sheet items. Preparing supportive schedules and providing document and evidence for the file.
- Acting as the main contact and liaison officer between the clients and the organisation. Undertaking financial administration and internal audits.
Monitoring the income and investments for the organisation. Providing reports and analysis on investment performance.
- Assisting in training finance staff on basic bookkeeping, data processing, payments and income handling.
- Compiling and submitting of governmental returns, and any financial returns. Liaising with HMRC, Auditors, Bankers, and relevant officers.
- Regularly reviewing and improving the accounting system and reports.
Assisting the Head of Finance in writing and developing financial procedures and policies for different organisations.
- Maintaining regular reporting, both verbal and written, to the Head of Finance as well as attending meetings. Ensuring manual and computerised records are accurately maintained and updated regularly.
- Ensuring procedures are followed and assisting in controlling all income and expenditure.
- Assisting the Head of Finance in negotiating and obtaining projects for the department.
Working collaboratively and in a supportive manner within the team and and its partner organisations as a whole to ensure that the overall aims and objectives are achieved.
- Maintaining absolute discretion and maturity in handling sensitive/confidential data in line with data protection and internal policies.
Due to the large applicant response to internet advertisements, only successful candidates will be contacted within 7 – 14 days. Thank you in advance for your application.
This vacancy is being advertised on the behalf of Ace Appointments (Midlands) Ltd who are operating as an employment business.
Ace Appointments (Midlands) Ltd is one of the longest established and most successful privately-owned employment companies in the East Midlands. Founded in 1974 the original office in Leicester quickly gained such an excellent reputation that a branch in neighbouring Northampton was established 1976.
Much of our success stems from continuity and our commitment to ‘best practise’ within the recruitment business, enabling us to provide a professional and creditable service to our clients and candidates. As a result, we are proud that many of our clients and candidates have been with us for many years.
Ace Appointments (Midlands) Ltd employs experienced and professionally trained staff, ensuring continuity, reliability and creditability.
Ace Appointments (Midlands) Ltd is an active corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and adheres to its codes of practise.