Senior Printer (Full Colour Press)
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are recruiting for Senior Printer for a client based in Leicester.
This is a temporary ongoing position offering a pay rate of £11.19 per hour.
Working hours: Monday- Friday, 37h per week.
The successful candidate will take the lead role in ensuring that all full colour printing is carried out to the highest standards and within timescales laid down. Also the candidate will take responsibility for keeping up-to-date with developments in this field and thereby make a significant contribution to ongoing improvements.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To operate the full colour press and other associated print equipment.
- To check printing plates before going to press.
- To maintain and provide servicing for the equipment that makes up the full colour press.
- To operate a stock level system.
- To provide historic records and management information relating to print jobs, in order for accurate and timely costings to be produced.
- To help with the production of Digital work on a cover basis if required
- To help with the Finishing of printed/digital work on a cover basis if required 1 Mar 2006
- To take personal responsibility for keeping up-to-date with developments in full colour printing and to contribute to ongoing improvements within the Central Print Unit.
- To train and mentor, as necessary, employees within the Central Print Unit in all aspects of full colour printing.
- To be aware of, and to keep up-to-date with, Health and Safety legislation and good practice. To report any concerns to the Central Print Manager.
- At least one year’s experience in colour print production
- At least one year’s experience of pre-press and post-press printing techniques
- At least one year’s experience of solving problems relating to print production
If you feel this role is for you, please send through an up to date CV to Dagmara to review.
Please note, due to the large volume of applications we received, we are only able to contact candidates whose CV demonstrates the desire characteristics / skill set outlined by our client.