Traffic Management Operative
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are recruiting for an experienced and reliable Traffic Management Operative for a client based in Mountsorrel, Leicestershire.
This is temporary ongoing role offering an immediately start.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team to deliver a best value, customer-focussed service throughout Leicestershire and occasionally, surrounding counties. You will provide an excellent delivery and collection service for temporary traffic management signage for the Highway Delivery workforce. Your work will also support the provision of highway maintenance, construction, forestry and street lighting activities where stop/go boards are required to direct the flow of traffic. You are responsible for safe temporary traffic management provisions for the site.
The nature of the work may involve the jobholder carrying out activities outside of normal working hours, including night, weekends and public holidays, in all weather conditions to meet the needs of the service.
Some of the duties
- Erection and removal of appropriate signs.
- Assisting with the scheduling of the resources required to effect distribution to, and collection from, given routes.
- Remain flexible at all times during the works, specifically if disruption is caused to the schedule through early or delayed finish times.
- Reading plans and drawings associated with any/all Traffic Management
- Carry out daily routine checks and maintenance to appropriate vehicle and plant, complying with relevant legislation (e.g driver’s hours regulations, European Drivers Regulations, safe loads and weights) to ensure safe and continued use.
- Working in a highways or civil engineering environment
- Use of information technology (eg personal computer, PDS, mobile phones etc) in a work-related context
- Acting as banksman/ signaller for other drivers
- Safe installation of Temporary Traffic Management, including road closures and diversions
- Installation, maintenance and removal of traffic control systems in a safe manner
- Use of underground detection equipment
Should you be interested in this job role, please submit your CV to Dagmara Kruczkowska.