Transport Supervisor (Wast Management Industry)
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are recruiting for a Transport Supervisor for a client based in Loughborough LE11.
Hours – Full time, including weekends ( Flexibility with weekend working)
Pay rate – £10.95.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of waste disposal and treatment legislation and practices.
- Supervision of employees in the waste management industry or similar workplace
- Management of HGV drivers in accordance with driver and vehicle legislation
- Working in waste carriage or specialist haulage
- Planning logistics or vehicle movements
- Assessment of defects from daily driver checks and appropriate resolution
- Ensure that services are delivered for the benefit of the people of Leicestershire
- To maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with customers and colleagues within the team and across the service.
Ensure activities are delivered in the most efficient and effective manner possible
- Maintain RHWS transport and WTS operations in accordance with legislative, policy and budgetary requirements
- Lead and manage the team of drivers and WTS staff including maintaining resource levels as required, recording and authorising time and leave, managing absence and conduct and other human resource processes as needed to manage the team
- Pre-route drivers work for the following day
- Respond to ad-hoc or emergency haulage requests from RHWS in a flexible manner
- Ensure uplifts are completed within required timescales
- Ensure LCC vehicles and any vehicles on short term hire are authorised to enter waste disposal locations and arrange for any short term hire as appropriate.
- Issue tachographs weekly to drivers and ensure that returned tachographs are legal (or driver books)
- Ensure that drivers comply with daily / weekly checks on their vehicles
- Ensure all paperwork is updated daily, and performance reports (including vehicle unavailability, miles per gallon, driving hour contraventions etc.) are prepared, maintained and reported appropriately
- Maintain records of time / distances travelled and issue weekly reports
- Manage and monitor fuel usage and report as required
- Ensure that drivers have adequate resources to carry out their role
- Liaise with the Driver & Vehicle Management Team (DVMT) to ensure vehicle servicing and inspection is carried out as directed, within set timescales and manage any minor repairs on site (such as changing vehicle lightbulbs, registration plates etc.) in agreement with the DVMT.
With the Driver & Vehicle Management Team, ensure that vehicles are legally compliant on the road
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Management systems, permits or licences
- Identify and report opportunities to improve customer service and recycling rates by challenging existing working practices
- To embrace new working methods, taking the lead with the workforce to embed new practices and procedures
- Understand the needs of customers, enabling effective channels of communication and a consistency of approach to customer communications
- To lead recruitment, induction, training and development programmes to help develop the service and ensure it has the skills it needs
- To undertake Performance Development Reviews (PDR) of staff in accordance with the policy
Apply by sending your CV to Dagmara or call 0116 255 5620.