Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are recruiting for a Transport Supervisor for a client based in Leicester.
This is temporary and ongoing role offering a pay rate of £14.18/per hour.
Working hours: Monday-Friday
The successful candidate will:
- Organise and motivate a large and diverse workforce.
- Ensure that the vehicle fleet is utilized to its optimum level of efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with Council policies, standards and relevant legislation.
- Ensure effective and efficient service provision within the Operational Transport.
- Be proactive in implementing Council Equal Opportunities Employment Policies and practice. Supervises the activities of Operational Transport Drivers and Escorts.
- Supervises the activities of Operational Transport Drivers and Escorts.
Effectively deploys the vehicle fleet.
- Assists in the management of the Operational Transport Depot.
- Ensures that vehicles are maintained to the required standard.
- Investigates and reports on accidents and complaints.
- Ensures that health & safety is adhered to and assists in the development of health & safety within Operational Transport.
- Trains staff and assists in the running of awareness courses relevant to the needs of service users.
- Stands in for the absence of the Operational Transport Manager &/OR the Admin & Transport Manager
- Must have significant supervisory experience in a transport or related service
- Full Driving Licence
Apply by sending your CV to Dagmara or call 0116 255 5620.