Waste Management Technician
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are seeking a Waste Management Technician for a Leicester based client.
The successful candidate will have access to their own transport and be prepared to travel around various sites in Leicester delivering training.
Environment & Waste Management
County Hall, LE3 (Working from home a possibility)
Key Relationships/ Liaison with:
Staff of the County Council, District and Parish Councils, the public, the Environment Agency, Government Departments, Statutory Undertakers, Contractors, Consultants, Developers, outside bodies who act as clients or provide goods, services and information, stakeholder groups, national, regional and local agencies and organisations
To provide support to the line manager in a team engaged in the delivery of the County Council’s ENVIRONMENT & WASTE MANAGEMENT commitments
1. To ensure that the services are delivered for the benefit of the people of Leicestershire.
2. To maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with customers and colleagues within the team and across the service.
3. To ensure activities are delivered in the most efficient and effective manner as possible.
1. Assist the line manager in the delivery of an effective and high quality service
2. Develop and deliver environment or waste management activities, services, projects or initiatives as required
3. Assist with the assessment and development of practices and procedures to
enable the County Council to meet its aims and objectives
4. Assist with the preparation of reports for consideration by senior management, County Council Cabinet and committees and other groups as requested.
5. Prepare and present progress reports
6. Assist the line manager in the monitoring and control of budgets related to the delivery of key objectives and milestones
7. In managing your workload, establish smart objectives, robust monitoring and evaluation criteria, and reporting mechanisms to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
8. Arrange for all work to be undertaken in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act and to ensure as far as possible that the safety of the public is maintained.
9. To comply with the County Council’s Equality procedures, all quality management systems and work practices
10. Represent the authority and local, regional and national forums as appropriate
11. Partnership working with public, private and voluntary sectors
12. Participate in cross branch project teams to deliver strategic outcomes
Should you be interested in this job role, please submit your CV to Elisabeth Best for consideration.