Deputy Home’s Manager
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd. are recruiting for an experienced Deputy Home’s Manager for a residential homes setting based in Northamptonshire.
Hours per week: Full-time (in accordance with the shift and rota system, including weekends).
We are currently looking for someone who genuinely enjoys the rewards and challenges of working with looked after vulnerable people.
Successful candidate will ensure that the team provides the highest quality care and therapeutic support to the young people at the Homes.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Participates fully in the rota as part of the care team.
- To include: care and domestic duties, accompanying young people to school and supporting them during the day as part of the team, night time sleeping-in duties.
- Takes charge of the day-to-day management of the Home in the absence of the Registered Manager, as agreed.
- While on duty makes entries in young people’s records, diaries and reports as necessary, strictly in accordance with company policies.
- Exercises vigilance in respect of Health and Safety matters, promptly reporting all hazards and/or remedying them where appropriate. Works in such a manner as to minimise unnecessary risks to self or to others.
- Operates at all times in accordance with contents of the Total Care Matters policy folder, as amended locally, with particular reference to
- Young Person Protection, Equal Opportunities, Complaints and Behaviour Policies.
- At least 2 years experience in Children’s residential care,
- Full driving license with access to own transport.
- Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People / Residential Childcare (or equivalent).
- Must be willing to work towards level 5 in Leadership and Management.
- Flexible to work on shift and sleeps in shifts.
- Market leading rates of pay with additional over time & sleep-in enhancements.
- Opportunity to complete the Level 5 Management Diploma and progress as Registered Manager
- Extensive in-house training
- Flexible working hours
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact Dagmara Kruczkowska or email your CV, or simply call for a confidential discussion.
As part of our candidate care process, we aim to respond to all applications in 7 days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.