Health And Safety Manager (NN3)
Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd are recruiting, on behalf of a client, for a highly motivated Health and Safety Manager for a role based in Northampton.
Work location: Office based – Northampton
Working hours: 37 per week
Reporting into: Operations Director
Overall job function:
The Health & Safety Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and control of execution of systems and policies for Health & Safety and Environment
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health
- Undertaking risk assessments and site inspections ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely
- Identifying potential hazards
- Determining ways of reducing risks
- Writing internal Health and Safety SSOW.
- Compiling statistics
- Drawing-up safe operational practices and making necessary changes
- Writing reports, bulletins and newsletters
- Providing Health & Safety and Environmental meetings and training courses for employees
- Liaising with relevant authorities
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current Health & Safety and Environmental legislation
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
- Preparing Health & Safety and Environmental strategies and developing internal policy
- Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements
- Recording of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers
- Being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry
- Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively
- A ‘can do attitude’ with a ‘right first time’ approach
- A enthusiasm to make Health & Safety and the Environmental engaging so everyone wants to be involved
- Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative
- A relevant professional qualifications e.g. NEBOSH Diploma
- The ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload
- Dynamic with a high level of ability to multi task
- Extensive knowledge of ISO: 14001 Environmental standard
- Extensive knowledge of effective Health and Safety management strategies and best practise
Should you be interested in this job role, please submit your CV to Elisabeth Best, firstname.lastname@example.org, for consideration.
Established in 1974, Ace Appointments Midlands Ltd is a privately owned employment agency based in the East Midlands.