Extra Care Scheme Officer – Notts
As part of your duties, you will ensure that all residents at the scheme are in a safe, secure and supportive environment. You will be expected to work on a 24hr/7 day rota (for which a sleep-in allowance will be paid), ensuring a response to emergency calls, security and a high standard of housing services are consistently available.
Ideally you will have experience of providing housing related services to customers in need of safeguarding and be sensitive to the needs of older people, in particular those with care needs. A commitment to providing high customer service standards and good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
This is an exciting role for someone with a “can do” attitude that is innovative and can implement procedures and services at a new scheme and most importantly put the customer at the heart of all they do.
It will be mandatory for the successful candidate to have an Enhanced DBS check.
1. Team player
2. Puts customers first
3. Passion for service excellence and continuous improvement
4. Displays a ‘can do’ attitude with drive and enthusiasm
5. Exemplify the principles of Our House
6. Always lives the asra values
1. Education to A level or equivalent and 3 years experience in a relevant Housing Sector area
1. Communicates effectively
2. Customer focused
3. Prioritises and multi-tasks effectively to meet deadlines
4. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
5. Ensures policies and procedures are adhered to
6. Ability to climb stairs (under Health & Safety regulations, Scheme Officers are not permitted to use the lift)
7. Willingness to undertake basic first aid training
8. Experience in a customer service type environment (either previous employment or voluntary work)
9. Computer skills – able to use word, excel and e-mail
10. Previous experience/empathy with groups of People
1. Good knowledge of existing housing law and pending changes
2. Sound understanding of issues impacting on the social housing sector and tenants
3. Knowledge of Housing policy, procedures and good practice
4. Understanding of Equal opportunities and Diversity
5. Knowledge of Housing systems and databases
Please call Matthew Maddison on 0116 2555620
To submit your application please click on the Apply for Job link below.
While we endeavour to get back to every applicant, it isn’t always possible. So, if you haven’t heard from us within 5 working days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Ace Appointments is an equal opportunities employer and acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.